In 2013 Dr Sylvana Storey completed a five year research study on ‘The Impact of Diversity on a Global Leaders Performance’.
Senior leaders from seven multinational organizations representing seven different sectors (mining, financial, construction, beauty, pharmaceutical, chemical and a conglomerate) across 22 countries / 5 continents partook in the research.
The main findings accentuate the growing concerns of global leaders in:
- Building global leadership capabilities to meet 21st century challenges
- Strategic alignment to capitalize on the tension between global and local strategy
- Examining collaborative ways of working between cultures, divisions, subsidiaries and external stakeholders
- Performance management in emerging markets that unifies and maximize the global/local talent pools
- Resources and measures to track accountability in Diversity & Inclusion
- Developing cultures and structures that foster innovation and embrace agility and adaptability
- Acute customer centricity
- Effective, consistent and clear communications
- Transparency, equality, fairness and conflict resolution
- Interdependence and interconnectedness in the way we work
Tools resulting from this research are:
LEAD3™ – A leading edge analytical tool that offers an integrated change management process for building global leadership and diversity capability.
GLIDE – A Global Leadership Index for Diversity – A competency framework that identifies and measures key dimensions of global leadership competencies for Diversity and Inclusion.
For further information on this research and its tools please contact email@example.com. Alternatively, the research is available to be read in “The Impact of Diversity on Global Leadership Performance” by Dr Sylvana Storey.